We are looking for a young boy (or a young girl who doesn’t mind playing a boy) to fill the role of Gavroche in our upcoming production of Les Miserables. We are looking for somebody young-looking enough to appear to be obviously a “child” on a stage with a bunch of high school actors who are playing “adults.” If the actor is a boy, they must still have an unchanged voice.
Actors must be at least 8 years old to audition for the show. There is no upper limit to the age, as long as they fit the physical requirements of looking obviously younger than a typical high school actor.
This character is considered a supporting role in the production, and will be part of the regular cast of the show along with all of the high school actors. As such, they are subject to the same rehearsal schedule and production schedule, which does involve weekday rehearsals going until 9:30 at night.
Actors who are interested in being considered should submit a video audition (a simple cell phone video is just fine … there’s no need to go crazy) to Charlie Leonard (director), in which they sing a portion of Gavroche’s song “Little People.”
Please do the following:
(1) Click HERE to download the music that you must sing. Please memorize it (don’t worry, it is short … haha).
(2) You can chose to either sing the song a cappella (without accompaniment) or you may use the backing track that we have created, which you can find below. Note that the first two measures of the backing track are an introduction.
(3) Give us as much feisty personality as you possibly can, and have fun with it!
(4) Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text (763-232-1025) the video to Charlie. Please include a follow-up text with the actor’s name, parent name, and contact into.
(5) Finally, please visit the main show audition page to read all of the details about the production, the expectations (schedule, tuition fee, etc), and to fill out the online Les Miserables Actor Info & Conflict Sheet form. The only thing you do not need to worry about completing that the rest of the people have to complete is signing up for your own audition time. This video audition is all you need to do.
NOTE: Once all the video auditions have been submitted, we may contact you to do an in-person audition if we feel like we need to see you again.
DEADLINE: All video auditions must be submitted to Charlie by 7:00pm on Wednesday, December 11. Please email Charlie if you have any questions!