Thank you to everyone who auditioned for The Little Mermaid! To view the cast list, click HERE.
The full cast should plan to attend the first rehearsal at BWTC on Monday, August 9 from 9:00-2:30. Please bring a bag lunch.
Further communication and instructions will be coming to you via email at some point in the next week.
If you have any questions, please contact Maureen O’Malley at email@example.com
Blue Water Theatre Company is excited to announce auditions for our upcoming production of Disney’s The Little Mermaid JR!
In a magical underwater kingdom, the beautiful young mermaid, Ariel, longs to leave her ocean home — and her fins — behind and live in the world above. But first, she’ll have to defy her father, King Triton, make a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, and convince the handsome Prince Eric that she’s the girl whose enchanting voice he’s been seeking.
Based on one of Hans Christian Andersen’s most beloved stories, Disney’s The Little Mermaid JR is an enchanting look at the sacrifices we all make for love and acceptance.
This production will be directed by Maureen O’Malley, with choreography by Barb Brauch.
WHO CAN AUDITION?
- Auditions are open to all actors who were in grades 3-8 during the recently completed 2020-2021 school year (the “rising” 4th through 9th graders).
WHEN & WHERE ARE AUDITIONS?
- The first round of auditions will take place on Monday, July 26 and Tuesday, July 27 from 6:00-8:00pm at our theater in Wayzata (605 Rice Street East).
- Callback auditions (for select actors) will take place on Thursday, July 29 from 6:00-8:00pm. A list of the actors who are needed at callbacks will be posted at the top of this page by around noon on Wednesday, July 28.
- If you are unable to attend any of the scheduled audition times, a video audition is possible. Please contact Charlie Leonard (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on how to do this. Please note that any video auditions must be completed and submitted by 6:00pm on Tuesday, July 27 in order to be considered.
DO I NEED TO SIGN UP FOR MY AUDITION?
- Yes! Actors should sign up HERE to come for a single 60-minute audition session on either July 26 or July 27. Please plan to arrive a few minutes early so that we can get started on time.
- Parents and other visitors are not allowed to watch auditions. We encourage those parents who wish to stick around during their child’s audition to walk down the hill and enjoy downtown Wayzata!
DO I NEED TO PREPARE ANYTHING FOR MY AUDITION? **UPDATED**
- At the audition, each actor will sing two short musical selections (“Under the Sea” and “Part of Your World”) and perform one short scene. The musical selections, along with an accompaniment track, are listed below, as is the scene. For the scene, which involves the characters of Ursula, Flotsam, and Jetsam, actors should be prepared to play any of the three characters.
- In addition, before you show up, you need to complete the online “Actor Information Form,” which you can access by clicking HERE. It is necessary for us to have this online form completed in order for us to be able to consider you for the cast.
- We are expecting to cast around 35 actors in this production. The final cast list will be posted by noon on Saturday, July 31.
REHEARSALS & ATTENDANCE POLICY:
- Rehearsals will take place daily (Monday through Friday) from 9:00-2:30 beginning on Monday, August 9 and running through Thursday, August 26. That is a total of 14 days of rehearsal.
- All cast members should plan to attend every rehearsal, unless you indicated a prior conflict when you filled out your online “Actor Information Form.”
- We are scheduled to have four performances of the show, with the possible addition of a fifth one if the demand for ticket sales calls for it. The performance schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, August 26 @ 7:00pm
- Friday, August 27 @ 7:00pm
- Saturday, August 28 @ 1:00pm <— IF NECESSARY
- Saturday, August 28 @ 7:00pm
- Sunday, August 29 @ 2:00pm
- Actors should plan to arrive at the theatre two hours prior to each performance.
- Following the final performance on Sunday, August 29, there will be a set strike and other end-of-show traditions. All actors should plan to stay until everything is over. This often can go on for several hours after the conclusion of the show, so be prepared!
- Actors who are cast in Disney’s The Little Mermaid JR will be charged a $325 production fee, which is due by Wednesday, August 11 (the third day of rehearsal). This may either be paid online (a link will be provided) or by check made out to Blue Water Theatre Company.
- If you need to make other payment arrangements, or if you would like to apply for a need-based scholarship, please contact Alison Haseman (BWTC’s office manager) at email@example.com
- If you have any questions, please contact Charlie Leonard (BWTC’s artistic director & founder) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling him at 763-232-1025.