THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS is based on Kenneth Grahame’s best-selling classic of children’s literature. With a book by Oscar-winning screenwriter and Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes and songs by Olivier Award-winning composers and lyricists George Stiles and Anthony Drewe, THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS is a wild, thrill-seeking tale.
This riotous comedy follows Mole, Rat, Badger, and the impulsive Mr. Toad, whose insatiable need for speed lands him in serious trouble. With his beloved home under threat from the notorious Chief Weasel and his gang of sinister Wild Wooders, Toad must attempt a daring escape leading to a series of misadventures and a heroic battle to recapture Toad Hall. Full of humor, wit, a gorgeous, soaring score, and heartwarming lessons of friendship, THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS is the perfect fit for family audiences everywhere.
The show will be directed by Maridee Slater and choreographed by Barb Brauch.
Rehearsals will be Monday – Friday, August 8-25, from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm. Bring a lunch and snack each day. Tuition for participation in this production is $345 per student. Scholarships are available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Performances will be August 25-27 at 7:00 pm and August 27 and 28 at 2:00 pm.
Auditions will be held on July 26 and 27 from 5:00-8:00 pm for actors entering Grades 3-9. They will be held at Blue Water located at 605 Rice St. East, Wayzata, MN 55391. The theatre is on the corner of Rice St. East and Walker Ave. Walk up the driveway (off of Walker Ave.) and enter the theatre through the back. To audition:
- Sign up for one 5-minute audition slot on either July 26th or 27th.
- Fill out the Actor Audition Form (one per youth) to provide general information and indicate any conflicts with the schedule. Make sure the form has been submitted before you audition.
- Be prepared to sing the first minute of one of show’s songs found below.
- Be prepared to read from the script using sample provided. Decide which character you’d like to be. Theatre volunteers will read the other parts.
- Arrive a few minutes early to check in at the table in the lobby. Bring a headshot to the audition (a photocopy of a casual picture is fine) or have your picture taken upon arrival.
- If you can’t make it to auditions at the theatre, you can send a video instead. For your video, sing the first minute of one of the songs and do the reading, too. You can read all of the parts yourself or have someone in your family read the extra parts (off-camera). Email your video to email@example.com by noon on Wednesday, July 27th. Include your full name and WILLOWS AUDITION in the subject line of the email.
If the director needs more time to see some of the actors in order to decide who will play which part, they will send an invitation to callbacks via email by 10:00 pm on Wednesday, July 27th. The email will be sent to the adult listed as Parent/Guardian 1 on the Actor Audition Form. Callbacks will be held from 5:30-7:00 pm on Thursday, July 28th. If you are invited to callbacks, you will stay for the full two hours (if you can). If you aren’t invited to callbacks or can’t come, don’t worry. You still might get a part in the show. The director could even decide that callbacks aren’t needed for anyone.
The final cast list will be posted here on The Wind in the Willows audition page by 10:00 pm on Thursday, July 28th.