Blue Water Theatre Company is excited to announce auditions for our upcoming production of Disney’s Descendants!
It is present-day, and in the kingdom of Auradon, all of Disney’s beloved heroes and royalty are living happily ever after, safe from the terrifying villains and troublesome sidekicks they have banished to the magic-free Isle of the Lost. That is until Ben, the benevolent teenage son of Belle and King Adam (The Beast), offers a chance of redemption for the troublemaking offspring of the evilest villains. Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos – the children of Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Cruella De Vil, and Jafar – are welcomed to Auradon Prep to attend school with the children of their parents’ sworn enemies. Now entering a completely foreign world and way of life, the four Villain Kids have a difficult choice to make: should they follow in their parents’ wicked footsteps or learn to be good?
This production will be directed by Maureen O’Malley with choreography by Mary Huebert.
****Thank you to everyone who auditioned. Callback list available HERE. Even if you aren’t called back, you may still be in the cast! Final cast list will be published after callbacks.
Evil Like Me
Chillin Like a Villain
***** UPDATE 11/30/2021: Mandatory parent meeting for cast of The Descendants on Monday 12/13 at 6:45pm in the theatre.
- Auditions are open to all actors in grades 3-8.
- Please note that all cast members ages 12+ must be fully vaccinated. For questions, concerns or exemptions to this policy, please contact Jennifer Biggs.
- Auditions will take place at Blue Water Theatre (605 Rice Street East, Wayzata) on the following dates:
- Monday, December 6th: 5:00-6:45pm
- Tuesday, December 7th: 5:00- 6:45pm
- Thursday, December 9th: 5:00-6:45pm
- Actors need to sign up for small group audition times by clicking HERE. If you are unable to attend the scheduled audition times, contact the directing team and we would be happy to have you submit a video audition.
- Callback auditions:
- Saturday, December 11th: 9:00-10:30am.
- If unable to attend callbacks, please let the directing team know at your first audition.
DO I NEED TO PREPARE ANYTHING FOR MY AUDITION?
- All actors need to complete the online “Actor Information Form” which you can access by clicking HERE. Please note that a parent’s e-signature is required. This form must be completed before your audition in order for you to be considered for the cast.
- Please familiarize yourself with “Evil Like Me” and “Did I Mention?” . We will have an excerpt from each of these songs available at auditions. You may choose whichever song resonates with you.
- Materials for actors who are needed for callbacks will be sent out with the callback list.
Evil Like Me
Did I Mention?
Regular rehearsals will begin on Monday, December 13th and will generally follow this schedule through Saturday, January 29th. Note- there will be no rehearsals the week of December 20-25, nor January 1.
- Mondays: 5:00 – 6:45pm
- Tuesdays: 5:00 – 6:45pm
- Thursdays: 5:00 – 6:45pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am- 12:00pm
- Monday, February 28: 5:00- 8:30pm
- Tuesday, March 1: 5:00- 8:30pm
- Wednesday, March 2: 5:00- 8:30pm
- Thursday, February 3: 5:00- 8:30pm
We are scheduled to have seven performances of the show:
- Friday, March 4 @ 7:00pm
- Saturday, March 5 @ 7:00pm
- Sunday, March 6 @ 2:00pm
- Friday, March 11 @ 7:00pm
- Saturday, March 12 @ 2:00pm
- Saturday, March 12 @ 7:00pm
- Sunday, March 13 @ 2:00pm
- Following the final performance on Sunday, March 13, there will be a set strike and other end-of-show traditions. All actors should plan to stay until everything is over. This often can go on for several hours after the conclusion of the show, so be prepared!
- Actors who are cast in Disney’s Descendants will be charged a $345 production fee, which is due by the first rehearsal on Monday, December 13th. This may either be paid online (a link will be provided) or by check made out to Blue Water Theatre Company.
- If you need to make other payment arrangements, or if you would like to apply for a need-based scholarship, please contact Alison Haseman (BWTC’s office manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Maureen O’Malley at email@example.com