- Directed by: Kade Gundlach
- Music Direction by: Janine Gagnon
- Choreography by: Danielle Nelson
Mean Girls JR is adapted from Tina Fey’s 2004 blockbuster film and the Broadway smash hit. Blue Water Theatre Company’s production is open to actors in Gr. 3-8.
Cady Heron may have grown up on an African savanna, but nothing prepared her for the wild and vicious ways of her strange new home: suburban Illinois. How will this naïve newbie rise to the top of the popularity pecking order? By taking on The Plastics, a trio of lionized frenemies led by the charming but ruthless Regina George. Cady and her friends devise a “Revenge Party” to end Regina’s reign with Cady going undercover as an aspiring Plastic. When the lines between the real Cady and her Plastic self get blurred, she must find her way back to herself and her true friends.
Mean Girls JR is presented through special arrangement with and all authorized performance materials are supplied by Theatrical Rights Worldwide 1180 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 640, New York, NY 10036. www.theatricalrights.com
Rehearsals will be held on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 5:00-6:45 pm and on Saturdays from 9:00 am-12:00 pm. Rehearsals begin on Monday, March 11th. Rehearsal times will vary during tech week (final rehearsals before the show opens).
Performances will be May 17-26, 2024. Performances will take place at 7:00 pm on Friday and Saturday nights and at 2:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Actors will have two performances each Saturday.
The fee for participation in this production is $400 per student. Payment details will be provided to families of actors cast in the production. Payment is due March 18th. Scholarships (full, half, and partial) and payment plans are available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. BWTC Scholarship Policy and Application
1. SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION SLOT or plan to submit an audition video.
2. FILL OUT THE ACTOR AUDITION FORM WITH THE HELP OF A PARENT/GUARDIAN. The form should be completed by the time of the audition (either in person or by video). Be sure to list all of your conflicts on the audition form (including vacations, holidays, school events).
3. PRACTICE A SONG FROM THE SHOW (CHOOSE 1 OF THE OPTIONS). Click on the name of the song for an excerpt of the sheet music. The first track includes vocals. The second track is instrumental only. During the audition, you’ll sing the measures indicated (not the whole song).
4. REVIEW THE CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS AND PRACTICE ONE OF THE MONOLOGUES.
Video Auditions (due by 8PM on Feb. 26):
In your video, state your full name and sing one of the songs from the show. Then read or recite one of the monologues. Email your video (or a link to it) to email@example.com. Include your name and MEAN GIRLS in the subject line of the email.
In Person Auditions (February 26 & 27):
Our theatre is located at 605 Rice St. E., Wayzata, MN 55391. Park on the street or in the library/City Hall/fire station lot on Rice St. E. Walk up our driveway on Walker Ave. to the theatre’s back entrance. Arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled time.
Check in at the table in the lobby. Hand in a headshot labeled with your name (photocopy of a casual picture is fine) or have your picture taken. When it is your turn, you’ll head into the theatre to sing and share your monologue. It is natural to feel a little bit nervous. Try to relax and have fun!
If you haven’t filled out the Actor Audition Form prior to your arrival, your family will be asked to fill out a paper or electronic copy before leaving the theatre.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-855-9147.