In a very special collaboration with Theatrical Rights Worldwide:
WE WILL ROCK YOU features more than 20 hit Queen songs including “Another One Bites the Dust,” “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “Killer Queen,” “We Will Rock You,” “Somebody To Love,” “We Are the Champions,” “Don’t Stop Me Now,” and many more. WE WILL ROCK YOU follows two revolutionaries as they try to save rock ‘n’ roll in a post-apocalyptic world. In an age where algorithms predict our every preference, WE WILL ROCK YOU is a musical for our time: a fist-pumping, foot-stomping anthem to individuality.
In addition to an onstage cast and backstage crew, we are seeking high school musicians to play the live music. The score includes parts for keyboard, guitar, electric bass, and drums. Two musicians are needed for some instruments.
The production is being directed by Maridee Slater, with music direction by Eli Aronson and choreography by Scott Stafford.
INFORMATION for ACTORS:
- Auditions are open to actors currently in grades 6-12.
- Actors age 12+ must be fully vaccinated (includes COVID-19). For questions, concerns, or exemptions to this policy, please contact email@example.com. Mask use is encouraged, but not required at this time.
- Auditions will take place at Blue Water Theatre (605 Rice Street East, Wayzata) on:
- Monday, May 16: 7:00 – 9:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 17: 7:00 – 9:30 pm
- Prior to auditioning, our Actor Audition Form needs to be completed jointly by the actor and their parent/guardian.
- Actors should come dressed for movement and bring a headshot (or have their picture taken upon arrival).
- Prepare the following:
- 1 min monologue (any style)
- 32-64 bar cut from a rock, musical theater, or pop song (pianist provided, bring sheet music with cuts clearly marked)
- A dance call will be held each night from 8:00 – 8:30 pm for all those auditioning. Additionally, actors should sign up for a 30-minute group audition time when they will perform their monologue and song. Sign up for a group audition time HERE. Actors are welcome to sit in the theatre while they wait for their scheduled group time or the dance call.
- Callbacks (as needed):
- Thursday, May 19: 7:00 – 9:00 pm
- A list of the actors who are needed at callbacks will be posted at the top of this page by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, May 18th.
- If unable to attend callbacks, please let the directing team know at your first audition.
- If you are unable to attend in-person auditions, video submissions for actors will be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org until 9:30 pm on Tuesday, May 17th. The video should include your song and monologue. The subject line of the email should read: WWRY Actor_Full Name (example: WWRY Actor_Maridee Slater).
Regular rehearsals for actors will begin on Monday, May 23rd and will generally follow this schedule through Thursday, June 30th.
- Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings: 7:00 – 9:30 pm in May, 6:00 – 9:00 pm in June
- Saturday, June 4: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm (bring a lunch)
AUDITIONS and REHEARSALS for MUSICIANS:
- Auditions are open to musicians currently in grades 9-12.
- Musicians must be fully vaccinated (includes COVID-19). For questions, concerns, or exemptions to this policy, please contact email@example.com. Mask use is encouraged, but not required at this time.
- A Musician Audition Form must be completed jointly by the musician and their parent/guardian.
- Prepare a video that includes:
- A brief introduction about you and your musical background.
- A 1-2 minute song of your choice played on your instrument that shows how you can rock.
- The audition video should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should read: WWRY Band_Instrument_Full Name (example: WWRY Band_Keyboard_ Freddie Mercury).
Rehearsals for musicians will take place at Wayzata Community Church located at 125 Wayzata Blvd. Rehearsals will be held on Saturdays, 9:00 – 11:00 am, from May 28 – June 25, 2022.
DRESS/TECH REHEARSALS (ALL):
- Tuesday, July 5 – Thursday, July 7 from 5:00-10:00 pm (required for actors, musicians, and crew)
We are scheduled to have seven performances of the show:
- Friday, July 8 – 7:00 pm (call time = 5:30 pm)
- Saturday, July 9 – 7:00 pm (call time = 5:30 pm)
- Sunday, July 10 – 2:00 pm (call time = 12:30 pm)
- Thursday, July 14 – 7:00 pm (call time = 5:30 pm)
- Friday, July 15 – 7:00 pm (call time = 5:30 pm)
- Saturday, July 16 – 7:00 pm (call time = 5:30 pm)
- Sunday, July 17 – 2:00 pm (call time = 12:30 pm)
- Strike will follow the final performance on July 17th. All actors and musicians are expected to participate and stay until work is completed.
- Actors who are cast in We Will Rock You will be charged $375 for tuition, which is due by the end of the first week of rehearsal. Tuition may be paid online on the Parents page (access in upper right hand corner of homepage) or by check made payable to Blue Water Theatre Company.
- Contact Lela Olson, Managing Director, at email@example.com if you would like to apply for a need-based scholarship or make other arrangements for payment.
QUESTIONS (ALL): Questions can be directed to our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.