Blue Water Theatre Company is excited to announce auditions for our upcoming production of Oliver,Jr.
The streets of Victorian England come to life as Oliver, a malnourished orphan in a workhouse, becomes the neglected apprentice of an undertaker. Oliver escapes to London and finds acceptance amongst a group of petty thieves and pickpockets led by the elderly Fagin. When Oliver is captured for a theft that he did not commit, the benevolent victim, Mr. Brownlow takes him in. Fearing the safety of his hideout, Fagin employs the sinister Bill Sikes and the sympathetic Nancy to kidnap him back, threatening Oliver’s chances of discovering the true love of a family.
This production will be directed by Maureen O’Malley with music direction by Janine Gagnon.
***** CAST LIST ******
- Auditions are open to all actors in grades 3-8.
- Please note that all cast members 12+ must be fully vaccinated. For questions , concerns or exemptions to this policy, please contact Jennifer Biggs.
- Auditions will take place at Blue Water Theatre (605 Rice Street East, Wayzata) on:
- Tuesday, March 15: 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday, March 16: 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday, March 17: 6:30-8:30pm
- Actors need to sign up for individual auditions times by clicking HERE. A list of the actors who are needed at callbacks will be posted at the top of this page by 5:00pm on Friday, March 18th.
- Callback auditions:
- Saturday, March 19th: 9:00am -10:30am.
- If unable to attend callbacks, please let the directing team know at your first audition.
- If you are unable to attend the scheduled audition times, contact the directing team Maureen O’Malley and Janine Gagnon and we would be happy to have you submit a video audition.
DO I NEED TO PREPARE ANYTHING FOR MY AUDITION?
- All actors need to complete the online “Actor Information/Conflict Form” which you can access by clicking HERE. Please note that a parent’s e-signature is required. This form must be completed before your audition in order for you to be considered for the cast.
- Please familiarize yourself with “Consider Yourself” measures 19-67 and pages 20-21 of the script.
- Audition Materials
Regular rehearsals will begin on Monday, April 4th and will generally follow this schedule through Saturday, May 28th.
- Mondays: 5:00-6:45pm
- Tuesdays: 5:00-6:45pm
- Thursdays: 5:00-6:45pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am- 12:00pm
- Monday, May 30 – Thursday, June 2: 5:00- 8:30pm
- Tech rehearsals and Performances are required for all actors.
We are scheduled to have seven performances of the show. Please note these dates are different from our usual performance schedule:
- Friday, June 3 – 7:00pm
- Saturday, June 4 – 2:00 and 7:00pm
- Sunday, June 5 – 2:00pm
- Thursday, June 9 – 7:00pm
- Friday, June 10 – 7:00pm
- Saturday, June 11 – 2:00pm
- Following the final performance on Saturday, June 11th there will be a set strike and other end-of-show traditions. All actors should plan to stay until everything is over.
- Actors who are cast in Oliver, Jr will be charged a $345 production fee, which is due by the first rehearsal on Monday April 4th. This may either be paid online (a link will be provided) or by check made out to Blue Water Theatre Company.
- If you need to make other payment arrangements, or if you would like to apply for a need-based scholarship, please contact Alison Haseman (BWTC’s office manager) at email@example.com
QUESTIONS: If you have questions, please contact Maureen O’Malley at firstname.lastname@example.org