Blue Water Theatre Company is excited to announce auditions for our upcoming production of Amelie.
Amélie is an extraordinary young woman who lives quietly in the world but loudly in her mind. She covertly improvises small but surprising acts of kindness that bring joy and mayhem. But when a chance at love comes her way, Amélie realizes that to find happiness she’ll have to risk everything and say what’s in her heart. Be inspired by this imaginative dreamer who finds her voice, discovers the power of connection, and sees possibility around every corner.
This production will be directed by Katie Fischer and Kirsten Hoiseth-Thayer and will feature a live pit orchestra.
**** Update 12/2/2021: Call back list is available HERE. Click on links below for call back rehearsal materials.
Dialogue: Amelie Callback Dialogue
**** Update 11/30/2021: Mandatory parent meeting for the cast of Amelie on Wednesday 12/8 at 8:30pm via zoom. Link provided when cast list announced.
- Auditions are open to all actors in grades 9-12.
- Please note that all cast members ages 12+ must be fully vaccinated. For questions or concerns or exemptions to this policy, please contact Jennifer Biggs.
- Auditions will take place at Blue Water Theatre (605 Rice Street East, Wayzata) on the following dates:
- Monday, November 29th: 7:00-9:30pm
- Thursday, December 2nd: 7:00-9:30pm
- Actors need to sign up for individual auditions times by clicking HERE. If you are unable to attend the scheduled audition times, contact the directing team and we would be happy to have you submit a video audition. All first-round auditions must be completed by 9:00pm on Thursday, December 2nd. A list of the actors who are needed at callbacks will be posted at the top of this page by 10:30pm on December 2nd.
- Callback auditions:
- Saturday, December 4th: 9:00am- 12:00pm.
- If unable to attend callbacks, please let the directing team know at your first audition.
- Video auditions for Young Amelie:
DO I NEED TO PREPARE ANYTHING FOR MY AUDITION?
- All actors need to complete the online “Actor Information Form” which you can access by clicking HERE. Please note that a parent’s e-signature is required. This form must be completed before your audition in order for you to be considered for the cast.
- Please familiarize yourself with “Sister’s Pickle” and “When the Booth Goes Bright”. We will have an excerpt from each of these songs available at auditions. You have the freedom to choose whichever song resonates with you.
- Materials for actors who are needed for callbacks will be sent out with the callback list.
“When the Booth Goes Bright”
Regular rehearsals will begin on Monday, December 6th and will generally follow this schedule through Saturday, January 29th. The role of Young Amelie will only be a small portion of the show thus this actor will not be needed at all rehearsals. Tech rehearsals and Performances are required for all actors.
- Mondays: 7:00-9:30pm
- Thursdays: 7:00-9:30pm
- Saturdays: 9:00am- 12:00pm
- Monday, January 31: 5:30- 9:30pm
- Tuesday, February 1: 5:30- 9:30pm
- Wednesday, February 2: 5:30-9:30pm
- Thursday, February 3: 5:30-9:30pm
We are scheduled to have seven performances of the show:
- Friday, February 4 @ 7:00pm
- Saturday, February 5 @ 7:00pm
- Sunday, February 6 @ 2:00pm
- Thursday, February 10 @ 7:00pm
- Friday, February 11 @ 7:00pm
- Saturday, February 12 @ 7:00pm
- Sunday, February 13 @ 2:00pm
- Following the final performance on Sunday, February 13, there will be a set strike and other end-of-show traditions. All actors should plan to stay until everything is over. This often can go on for several hours after the conclusion of the show, so be prepared!
- Actors who are cast in Amelie will be charged a $375 production fee, which is due by the first rehearsal on Monday, December 6th. This may either be paid online (a link will be provided) or by check made out to Blue Water Theatre Company.
- The actor cast as Young Amelie will be charged a $100 production fee.
- If you need to make other payment arrangements, or if you would like to apply for a need-based scholarship, please contact Alison Haseman (BWTC’s office manager) at email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact Katie Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org.